With the development of the domestic glass processing industry and people’s deepening understanding of the advantages and performance of insulating glass, the scope of application of insulating glass is expanding. In addition to being widely used in glass curtain walls, automobiles, airplanes, etc., it has now begun to enter the ordinary People's home. This is mainly because the application of insulating glass can improve the heat insulation and sound insulation effects of buildings, while simplifying the structural design of ventilation and heating facilities such as air conditioning, which not only reduces the cost of building decoration, but also actually increases the effective practical space in the building .
The application of insulating glass is constantly expanding, and people have higher and higher quality requirements for insulating glass. How to grasp the development opportunities in the market and provide high-quality and reliable insulating glass has become a research concern for insulating glass manufacturers. This article will briefly analyze the basic processing technology of insulating glass.
First introduce the types of insulating glass and the five indicators in the national standard of insulating glass
There are currently two types of insulating glass in the domestic market
1. Channel aluminum hollow glass: This type of hollow glass was introduced in the 1980s and is relatively mature, but the processing technology is more complicated.
2. Adhesive insulating glass: This kind of insulating glass has just started in China, but the manufacturing process is simple, so it has a wide range of applications and is popularized quickly.
2. Five indicators in the national standard of insulating glass:
1, initial dew point
2, sealing test
3, ultraviolet radiation
4, high temperature and high humidity
5. Climate cycle test
According to the national testing standards, how to arrange our production to meet the requirements of insulating glass? Since the two types of insulating glass have many similarities in the process flow, we will briefly analyze their common process flow.
1. Glass cutting material:
The original glass is generally colorless float glass or other colored glass, sun-shading glass, tempered glass, laminated glass, and the thickness is generally 3-12MM. The above-mentioned glass must meet the requirements of first-class and first-class products in GB11614. Only after passing the inspection be usable. Glass cutting can be done by hand or machine, but it should meet the size requirements. During the operation of this process, workers should always pay attention to the glass surface without scratches, uniform internal quality, and without obvious defects such as bubbles and slag inclusions.
2, glass cleaning and drying:
Glass cleaning must use machine cleaning method, because manual cleaning cannot guarantee the cleaning quality. The glass must be inspected for scratches before cleaning. To ensure the adhesion of the sealant to the glass, it is best to use deionized water. In addition, in order to ensure water recycling and save water resources, the water can be filtered to ensure long-term use. The cleaned glass must pass the light inspection to check whether there are water droplets, water stains and other stains on the glass surface. If there are water droplets, water stains and other stains, it is necessary to check the machine running speed, heating temperature, air volume, and brush gap. Adjust until the effect is intact. After washing, the glass should be assembled into hollow glass within 1 hour. In addition, it is necessary to ensure that there is no friction between the glass and the glass. It is best to have a storage cart for semi-finished glass to separate the glass sheet from the sheet.
3. The assembly of rubber strip type insulating glass and aluminum strip type insulating glass:
Glue type insulating glass assembly:
(1) Requirements for the environment: The processing temperature of the rubber strip type insulating glass should be between 10-20 degrees in winter and 20-30 degrees in summer.
(2) Relative humidity requirements: Because the strip-type hollow glass desiccant is in powder form, the desiccant will slow down after mixing with the glue, so the relative humidity of the strip assembly area should be slightly lower.
Aluminum strip type insulating glass assembly:
(1) Requirements for the environment: the temperature should also be between 10-30 degrees
(2) Relative humidity requirement: This kind of insulating glass has a slightly lower requirement for relative humidity, and it is normal. But it should be noted that the desiccant should be a qualified product from a regular manufacturer to ensure the effective use of the desiccant. It is best to use up the desiccant within 24 hours after unsealing, because polysulfide rubber has greater air permeability and poor sealing performance, so double sealing is required.
Using butyl rubber as the first seal, which acts as a gas barrier. Polysulfide glue is used as the second seal, the main function is adhesion, and the second is gas barrier. Practice has proved that the life of single-production sealed insulating glass is only about 5 years, while the life of double-sealed insulating glass can be as long as 20 years or even more than 40 years. Therefore, the development of double-sealed insulating glass is a general trend.
4, glass pressing
Glue strip type insulating glass sheeting should pay attention to the alignment of the edges of the laminated glass. When pressing the sheet, reserve a small port at the back to allow the dried gas to overflow from the small port, and then seal it after pressing. So far, the processing of the rubber strip type insulating glass is completed. For aluminum strip type insulating glass, there should be a distance of 5-7mm between the outer edge of the aluminum frame and the edge of the glass after the sheets are combined. It is used to apply the second sealant. The polysulfide glue should be evenly applied along one side to prevent bubbles. Scrape off the glass surface residue after finishing. So far, the processing of aluminum strip type insulating glass is completed.
5. Placement of insulating glass:
The correct placement of the insulating glass will also affect the final quality of the insulating glass. Whether it is in production, transportation or storage at the construction site, the design requirements of the stacking rack must take into account the characteristics of the insulating glass, and the stacking rack must have a certain degree The inclination. However, the bottom plane and the sides should always be kept at 90 degrees to ensure that the two glass bottom edges of the insulating glass can be placed vertically on the stacking rack. In addition, please pay attention not to get oil stains, lime and other solvents on the bottom of the glass, because they will corrode the second sealant of insulating glass to varying degrees, thereby affecting the sealing performance of insulating glass.
With the continuous promotion and application of insulating glass, people’s requirements for insulating glass are getting higher and higher. We should continue to improve the processing technology of insulating glass, strive to improve the technical level and product quality, and promote the higher, newer and stronger insulating glass. The direction of development.